Maybe you saw it ! You did go to see it didn’t you? Well, you need to! Yes, you owe it to yourself to see the best movie I’ve seen in decades and trust me when I say that I love my movies! Yes, of course, I’m talking about “War Room.” What other movie could I possibly be talking about on this level?
Theatrical release poster
Directed by Alex Kendrick
- Stephen Kendrick
- Produced by Gary Wheeler
- Alex Kendrick
- Written by Stephen Kendrick
- Priscilla Shirer
- Starring T.C. Stallings
- Karen AbercrombieCinematography Bob M. Scott
- Music by Paul Mills
- Steve Hullfish
- Edited by Alex Kendrick
- Affirm Films
- Production Kendrick Brothers companies Productions
- Provident FilmsWar Room’ is a 2015 American Christiandrama filmdirected by Alex Kendrickand cowritten and produced by his brother Stephen Kendrick.This film reaffirms the core teaching known by just a handful that prayer needs to be staged and prepared for much like combat does in a military ‘War Room‘ environment where life and death can hang in the balance.Of course, nobody saw me shed a tear [at least not those who weren’t in my row.]”Kendrick brothers, you are wrong for that!Here’s the scene: Its time for you to fight Elizabeth. Its time for you to fight THE REAL ENEMY You gotta love it! At least I did but what is all of this “War Room” stuff about anyway? Man, you’re asking all of the great questions! My friend, it is about prayer, open communication between you and the one who made you. No silly, not your parents; God, your creator and sustainer! The War Room is about opening up and keeping clear and free lines of communication between you and Jesus Christ our Lord as your savior and redeemer. It is about having the barracks of your heart and soul in constant connection with headquarters. from “WAR ROOM” …. My friend, could it be my that the reason that so many of our lives might look like ‘war torn’ battle grounds demolished by enemy tactics is because so very few of us regularly spend time in the ‘War Room?”“What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear! O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.” My friend, could it be that prayer, to be brutally honest is not something that most of us really seem to make much time for or tend to practice much in today’s times [unless of course, there is a declared state of national or personal emergency?]Could we be honest about most of our churches?In fact, if you ran a survey throughout most churches today you would discover that the PRAYER SERVICE is the least participated service of the entire church!This fact, just goes to show us how desperately in trouble we are and how much we have fallen.On one occasion, his disciples had seen his own lifestyle, passion and power of his prayers and they asked him to teach them how to pray. Look at Jesus’ personal instruction to them that still serves as a powerful model today:”And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.8“Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9In this manner, therefore, pray: Hallowed be Your name. Your will be done 11Give us this day our daily bread. 12And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.16 “Moreover, when you fast, do not be like the hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 17But you, when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, 18so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.Text “prayerpower” 40691 Prayer then, is nothing something to just read about or talk about. It’s something to practice on a regular basis.Yes, we need to invite God into our lives through prayer and get his divine intervention employed in our war like scenarios. However, he won’’ come in unless we invite him.“God I cant make it without YOU! I NEED YOU to show up and show out in my life. God, I’m tired and exhausted from doing my thing…..please forgive me, wash me, clean me up, demonstrate your power in my life…. And have your way!”If you would like to join the “Joshua Generation” in our online prayer meetings held on the first three days of every month [1st, 2nd and 3rd] please do the following and we’ll get you the information you need.Text “WarRoom” 40691 There are no numbers missing.”
- We’ll hope to meet you in our very own online “War Room.”
- [Note: no spaces in the spelling and the # to text is what is referred to as a “short code.
- We meet ONLINE for prayer @ 530am central on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of each month.
- Brother s and sisters, you owe it to yourself to make prayer a very essential part of your lifestyle on both a personal and public level. “War Room” has inspired me to take my own prayer ministry a lot more seriously. I sure hope you go out of your way to watch it and share it with others who may be inspired in this areas as I have been on a personal level.
- Prayer then, is our invite to God. Prayer is our humble request. It is our saying to him,
- The movie “War Room” teaches us that whether you are experiencing battle ground fatigue in your marriage, relationships, finances, health or just life in general; the solution is the same; we need to PRAY!
- Ladies and gentlemen, let’s face it; we can have all of the teaching and instruction in the world about prayer but if we don’t ‘drop down’ on our knees to practice it, it’s all for naught.
- To Hear A Message About How You Go To Higher Ground By Applying This Prayer Model In Your Own Life:
- 14“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- 13And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.
- On earth as it is in heaven.
- 10Your kingdom come.
- Our Father in heaven,
- 6But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. 7And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
- MATTHEW 6:5-18
- Consider this, our Lord Jesus himself, was a man of very passionate prayer wasn’t he? Now, if Jesus prayed as much as he did as ‘the only begotten Son of God,’ then why wouldn’t we?
- It’s critical that you get this. How could it be that perhaps the most ESSENTIAL ministry in the church is also the most NEGLECTED ministry at the same time?
- § We’ve ADDED a few PROGRAMS § But we’ve DELETED so much PRAYER!
- Tragically, this lack of prayer is not just limited to a personal level. We even find a lack of prayer in most congregations. Yes, sadly the very places that should be “houses of prayer” very seldom are.
- [written by Joseph M. Scriven / composed by Charles Crozat Converse]
- What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
- Do you remember the old lyrics from the hymnal that you would probably here sung from time to time but not nearly as much now?
- Click Here To Watch Dynamic Background CLIPS
- Personally speaking, here’s what I’ve found to be true about prayer. Prayer is our surest pathway to higher ground. It is our 24-7 hotline to get in touch with headquarters, particularly the commander in chief of all of our human affairs. In my opinion, prayer makes us stand up a little bit taller seeing that we will never be any taller than when we are on our knees in prayer.
- Its time for you to TAKE OFF THE GLOVES and DO IT.”
- Its time for you to fight for your marriage
- “You need to do your fighting in prayer. And you need to kick the real enemy out of your home …. with the word of God!
- What was my favorite part of the “War Room?” Great question. It’s really hard to say because there were so many great parts but there is this one part when the seasoned, wise prayer warrior and widow, Miss Clara Williams [played by Karen Abercrombie] speaks heart and soul staring into the eyes of Elizabeth Jordan, a discouraged wife, mother and professional realtor who has all but lost faith [played by Priscilla Shirer] and it sort of kind of gave me that feeling that you might have gotten when you first saw “Rocky” running up the endless set of steps right before his big fight!
- Okay I’ll tell you. There were so many powerful parts in the movie. In fact, the movie as a whole demonstrated the Kendrick’s ‘spiritual giftedness’ in pulling out every emotion there is in a man out of him in public and in the most embarrassing way possible.”
- This dynamic, classic is the 5th film produced by the Kendrick brothers but their very first project produced through their own Kendrick Brothers Productions.
- Distributed by TriStar Pictures
Mel Keyes, native Brooklynite is the pastor of The Joshua House of Worship, a multi-cultural and multigenerational congregation located on the west side of San Antonio, Texas. He’s been married to the lovely Kendra Keyes for twenty five years, with three children and two grandchildren. He is a graduate of The Baptist University of the Americas and Dallas Baptist University. He is the author of Hell To The
Know, How To Get From The Hell You’re Living In To The Life You Were Meant To Live.” Mel is also the founder of JoshuaGenerationRadio.org. as well as his life coaching practice “ Master Keyes Coaching & Consulting” and A Director With Total Life Changes. Determined to build his life on vision, Mel lives his life around three core principles of his personal vision for Ministry, Entrepreneurship & Leadership:
To passionately serve God, my family, friends and others around me through strong, loving, disciple making MINISTRY.
To empower armies of disciples through life transforming ENTREPRENEURSHIP.
To change the world around me through learning and practicing Christ centered, servant LEADERSHIP.